☼ Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets

Title : Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets
Author : J.K. Rowling
Language : English
Release date : 1998
Edition : Bloomsbury Publishing
Category : Fantastic, Magic, friendship, youth literature, adventures
Number of pages : 360
Price : 6,99 £


Summary

There is a plot, Harry Potter. A plot to make most terrible things happen at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year.

Harry Potter's summer has included the worst birthday ever, doomy warnings from a house-elf called Dobby, and rescue from the Dursleys by his friend Ron Weasley in a magical flying car! Back at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for his second year, Harry hears strange whispers echo through empty corridors - and then the attacks start. Students are found as though turned to stone... Dobby's sinister predictions seem to be coming true.


My opinion

(I want to tell you that I'm not English, so I know I made faults in this text)

I really liked to go back to Hogwarts, with Ron, Harry and Hermione, for a new adventure, full of magic ! It was like the first novel : excellent, brilliant, full of suspense and magnificent ! The book's cover is as beautiful as the cover of the first novel, always splendid !
There are a lot of mysteries in this new book, with new characters also, like Dobby that I loved so much, he was so cute but less than in the movies !
Pr Lockhart was horribly stupid but I really laughed at him ! I also liked when Harry win at the Quidditch, when Malfoy was disappointed ! I like Draco but sometimes he is so horrible that I can't like him at these moments !
But it was horrible to know Aragog, because I'm very afraid of spiders, and I imagined them... I don't like this chapter : “Aragog”...


But the Deathday party was very funny, with Moaning Myrtle, Nick, and the other ghosts ! 

That was a beautiful reading, full of suspense and mysteries, and I really liked to know some new characters, and others that I don't like !

18/20


Extract

"Miss Granger was just talking about you –” said Peeves slyly in Myrtle's ear.

"Just saying – saying – how nice you look tonight” said Hermione, glaring at Peeves.

Myrtle eyed Hermione suspiciously.

"You're making fun of me” she said, silver tears welling rapidly in her small, see-through eyes.

"No – honestly – didn't I just say how nice is Myrtle's looking ?” said Hermione, nudging Harry and Ron painfully in the ribs.

"Oh, yeah…”

"She did…”

"Don't lie to me” Myrtle gasped, tears now flooding down her face, while Peeves chuckled happily over her shoulder.

"D'you think I don't know what people call me behind my back? Fat Myrtle ! Ugly Myrtle ! Miserable, moaning, moping Myrtle !”

"You've missed out “spotty” ” Peeves hissed in her ear.

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

☼ Eleanor & Park

☼ Audrey retrouvée

📬 Réception du 9 août 2017